So last week I get a call from a woman in New Jersey who is interested in having my company help her husband’s ophthalmology practice (eye doctor) gain more Hispanic business in urban New Jersey.
I dont usually entertain the thought of working for such a small company because it almost never seems to work out, but as business has been slow I think “what the heck” and I take her call.
This is what she tells me:
- her clientele is 75% Hispanic
- they have a high no-show rate due to having so many Hispanics who dont care about their (the doctor’s) time
- these people, (poor Hispanics) are all on medicare and medicaid and they don’t pay a dime for their visits as its government welfare programs that pay
- Hispanics are impatient and wont wait in their office, they walk out after 10 minutes of waiting
- Hispanics feel a sense of entitlement when they are in her office, thats why they dont follow the rules
- she cant even hire anyone that does not speak Spanish because its 100% necessary with their clientele
- they are stuck hiring less qualified Hispanic help because they need the Spanish capability
Her problems she explains are these:
- business is slower because a new ophthalmologist opened up nearby
- they (her husband and her) only have 10 years left until they retire from the practice
What she wants us to do:
- drive more Hispanics to their business